Thursday, March 21

My Son's Enlistment Day

Well, it's finally here for my son, NS (National Service) is something that every male Singaporean must go through once they turn 18.  He will serve for 2 years.

I feel disappointed that I could not be there with him on his enlistment day.  Parents and relatives are allowed to accompany enlistees on the first day.

But we are blessed with fantastic relatives, and I want to thank my Father-In-Law, Mother-In-Law, Sisters-In-Law and Brother-In-Law for taking care of my son making sure that he settled in comfortably in Singapore and accompanying him to Tekong.

They meet at Pasir Ris MRT station and are shuttled to Changi for a ferry ride to Palau Tekong where the BMTC (Basic Military Training Camp) is located.

A small island of about 24Sq.Km off the north-east part of Singapore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulau_Tekong

I'm hoping to be back for his Passing Out Parade this July 14, and celebrate with him his successful start to his new phase in his adult life.


















My Son recovering a loose ball...

No comments: